Monday, October 1, 2012

A little bit about my garden

All these photos were taken in my very own backyard.  I can tell it is the beginning of the Spring season.  The leaves in my garden start to appear ....
 And the flowers start to bloom ... everywhere ...
 
Purple ...

White ...
My late mother used to feed the birds - doves and parrots.
And now they start coming back for me to feed them.  Firstly, just one ...
And then, it calls its partner ... "come on dear ... it's safe here and there's a lot of food for us".


This year, I also have sunflowers in my backyard.  Thanks to Khamsene who sowed the seeds a while ago for me.
At its fullest bloom ... very daring under the shiniest sun ... the sunflowers are very different from other flowers.  My mother used to say that I should be like a sunflower, courageous and different.

The sunflower in my backyard.
 There are also other flowers such as these orange orchids ...
The first blooming flowers on the plum trees ... I call it "Sakura".

The orchids look somehow mysterious in the mid-day sun of Spring.

At sunset ... in my backyard.

My favourite corner where I can read quietly and observe the nature surrounding me.  However, it is not quiet all day long because "Zuz", the dog of my neighbour sometimes got lonely and he barks to get my attention.  Zuz is big black Rott Weiler.  He looks scary to strangers but for me he's a good neighbour and he reminds me of my previous dogs - all Rott Weilers Nang Ninh, Thao Nelson and Thao Jack.  I also used to have nang Gina, an intelligent pommaranian who can understand commands in three languages - Lao, English and Mandarin.  They all are now gone due to old age but they always remain in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment