Monday, September 24, 2012

A journey of my life ...

During the early years in Australia.  I started my first job with Immigration Department as a Bilingual Information Officer at Westbridge Migrant Hostel.  I was also studying at University of Western Sydney for my first degree in Social Science.  Later on I moved on to do a Master in Applied Linguistics at Macquarie University.
At the age of 16.  Little had I known that I would be leaving Laos and settling in another country that I had hardly heard of. I intended to go to France because that was the country I knew best and I had also learned French at school.  I am glad I ended up in Australia because there has not been any moment that I regret coming here.  Ever since, I have called "Australia" home.  But Laos is still in my heart and I can say without hesitation that "I am proud to be Lao".
At 15, my life was pure and free of trouble.  In those years, there was no drugs nor cyber bullies.  But I always had inspiration of changing the world.  Being brought up in war torn country like Laos, I always thought that there must be something I could do to stop the war.  Now, I know the world is far more complicated than I thought as a young girl.  But I still maintain - there must be something WE ALL CAN DO TO STOP THE WAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment